4 years ago
The Miracle of the Holy Quran
The holy quran — Presentation Transcript
1. What is the Holy Quran
The Holy Quran is a compilation of the verbal revelationsgiven to the Holy Prophet Muhammad over a period oftwenty two years. The Holy Quran is the Holy Book or theScriptures of the Muslims. It lays down for them the lawand commandments, codes for their social and moralbehavior, and contains a comprehensive religiousphilosophy. The language of the Quran is Arabic.
2. The Open Challenge of the Holy Quran
3. Why is the Qur’an a Miracle?The Quran is linguistically miraculous because it fallsbeyond the productive capacity of the nature of theArabic language.The Arabs, who were known to have been Arabiclinguists par excellence, failed to successfully challengethe Qur’an. Forster Fitzgerald Arbuthnot, who was anotable British Orientalist and translator, states: “…and that though several attempts have been madeto produce a work equal to it as far as elegant writingis concerned, none has as yet succeeded.”
4. The linguistic MiraclesThe holy Quran is revealed into completely unfamiliargenre of literature, It is not like any kind of any literaryworks, the source of its beauty is mysterious.This view is supported by the Arabic classical scholarsand western writers such as as Arthur J. Arberry,Professor Bruce Lawrence and D.J. Stewart.Al literary forms can be categorised as either prose orpoetry. According to Muslim and Non-Muslim scholarship,however, the Qur’an cannot be described as any one ofthese known forms of Arabic speec
5. The Subject matter of the Holy QuranThe Holy Quran embodies precepts of belief and conduct,moral directives, legal prescriptions, exhortation andadmonition, censure and condemnation of evildoers,warnings to deniers of the Truth, good tidings and wordsof consolation and good cheer to those who have sufferedfor the sake of God, arguments and corroborative evidencein support of its basic message, allusions to anecdotesfrom the past and to signs of God visible in the universe.
6. The authenticity of Holy QuranThe Holy Quran is the sole Holy Book that remained as it wasrevealed to prophet Muhammad; every word, every letter andevery sentence is still as it was in the time of the Prophet.Unlike any other Holy Book, the Holy Quran was written downin the time of Prophet Muhammad.Most of Prophet Muhammads companions, tens of thousands,learned the Qur’an by heart, repeatedly recited in front of theprophet for his approval or the approval of other SahabaMuhammad approved and also compiled it in written form whilehe was alive. It was compiled into one book by the second Caliph,Abu-Bakr. Usman, the fourth caliph unified all the dialect thatpeople followed into one dialect.
7. Evidence to its divine sourceThe Holy Quran provides evidences to its divine source that fitsthe culture of every age without any error. In addition to itsunique literary styles, there are prophecies that were fulfilled inthe time of the Prophet. There are prophecies that were fulfilledlater and even now there are prophecies that we see thembeing fulfilled.The Holy Quran contains tens of scientific statements that aresupported by our modern science, thus not only the Holy Quranprovides evidences to its divine source but even undermine thebasics of atheism.Also the Holy Quran contains historical facts that modernexcavation aided with satellites pictures support, these factswere not known to any generations.
8. The importance of the Holy Quran in our daily lifeThe importance of the Holy Quran in our daily life Muslimsmust recite the Holy Quran in their prayers, they should opentheir prayer by the opening chapter and then you can read fromany Sura. Non-Arabic speaker should read the opening chapterin Arabic.Nine great benefits of reciting the Quran
The Qur’an will lead you to Paradise!